Friday, August 7, 2015

Cele-break!

It's SG50 y'all! -- the weekend when Singapore turns 50 years old! 

I had tentatively planned to go to Marina Bay Sands and Gardens by the Bay with my co-worker this evening, but quickly realized that starting today for 3 days, it is like the most intense Black Friday everywhere. I have never seen crowds of this sort, and one is likely to get trampled going to the two most popular places in the city. 

Luckily, a while back, I booked a mini-break departing tomorrow night to Tioman, 
one of my favorite places in the world.

Tioman Island was depicted as "Bali Ha'i" in the film South Pacific. Monkeys and monitor lizards rule this little slice of paradise.

More to come soon. Until then....

"Someday you'll see me floating in the sunshine,
My head stickin' out from a low flyin' cloud,
You'll hear me call you,
Singing through the sunshine,
Sweet and clear as can be:
Come to me, here am I, come to me.
If you try, you'll find me
Where the sky meets the sea.
Here am I your special island
Come to me, Come to me."

No comments:

Post a Comment